12 February, 2011

I'm The "New Girl!!"




Well January has brought about MANY changes to our house!! I started a new job on January 3rd. One of my good friends works as an RN for University of Utah as a Dialysis Nurse, they had an opening and she told me I HAD to apply. So I did- a shocker to me was they hired me on the spot at the interview they had over 60 people apply and I was interview #6. I was so surprised!! I had to think it over and talk with my family about it!! They gave me 48 hours to decided. I took the job it is a little more hours then I wanted (30 a week) but the job came with so MANY perks!! Paid benefits for our family, retirement, full tuition reimbursement (for me if I want to go to school) and a very big opportunity for me to learn so much! So I have been working there for 6 weeks and I think I am finally getting the hang of it!! I wasn't sure for a while if I could do it!! It's that Confidence thing (lack of) that I have struggled with my whole life!! It has been VERY stressful!! I have to "hook" patients up to a dialysis machine and poke them with a 15 (very large) gage needle!! YIKES! But I am poking people and so far have not killed someone!! I have meet some Amazing people-Dialyses is not for whimps! They call me "The New Girl!". These patients all have such a great story to tell. Most of them are on Dialysis because of diabetes or not taking care of themselves and a few are there from prolonged Drug Use. This has been a huge adjustment for our family-especially Madelynn! Sometimes I am torn as to Staying home or working but I feel like I can do both and working makes me a better mother! I have missed my Madelynn and love the days of we get to spend together! I usually only work 3 days a week just 10 hour days! The boys have really helped out. Jake has been a LIFE saver-he takes Madelynn to Day-Care and has made many sacrifices!! I am so greatfull! It is an adventure and I am learning alot of new things everyday!! I also get to work with one of my GREAT friends!! Thanks Ivanna for "helping" put a good word in for me-You rock!! I will keep working hard until I get it all!!

No comments: