09 August, 2011

Grandma Lund

So a few weeks ago my grandma passed away. Wanted to share a few things about her that I loved! She died at the age of 92-we were lucky to have her that long! She was a VERY courageous woman! Grandma Ruth lost her husband (Kirk) to early and had to raise my mom all on her own. My mom was only 13 it was very traumatic for her to lose her dad-but grandma did her best and took care of her. She lived with us and watched us grow up for most of my childhood-I enjoyed having her there. She would always say " I'll buy if you will go get us lunch!" She had the biggest sweet tooth! She loved to take us to "Ripples" in Provo. I loved that she was amazing at sewing and made all of my Prom Dresses-they were beautiful! I loved her homemade Cinnamon Rolls! She loved her family and loved her husband so much that she did not want to even date anyone else and devoted her life to making it back to him! This brings tears to my eyes- I can't even imagine what it was like for my grandma to be reunited with her husband! I am SO SO Thankful for the gospel and that we know were she is and that she is happy!! Love you Grandma Lund!!

1 comment:

Tawnie said...

Thanks for sharing!