22 July, 2012

Timberline/Camp Tiefie



Matthew has had a jam packed summer! He likes to keep busy! In the middle of June he went to Timberline for a week then came home for 2 days and went to Scout Camp Tiefie for a week.  He was absolutely exhausted when he got home and hungry........... the first day back he said mom can we go get a Subway Foot long!! I said Absolutely I think you more then earned it! Subway is his favorite. Timberline is a a Leadership Training Camp for Boy Scouts and you have to be invited to go.  He learned alot and really enjoyed himself. He was telling me that next year he wants to go back and be "on staff" which means one of the youth leaders.  We will have to see he has to write a letter and then they interview the kids that are interested.  At Timberline most of the kids were complete strangers.  Matthew told me they put the boys in groups of 6-7 and nobody knows each other and you spend all week with those same boys he said they become your brothers! I loved that he said that! So proud of him and his willingness to do new and scary things! At Camp Tiefie he got to go with the boys from our ward.....His BFF Matthew came this year (I think he was looking forward to spending the week with him). He had a great time. He forgot to put on sunscreen and he got burned SO bad-he blistered! He had to speak in Sacrament and said "Sunscreen is a good thing!" I guess maybe he learned?? We missed him and I found myself thinking about him wondering what he was up to! Glad to have you back Matthew-Proud of you!

No comments: