12 November, 2013

Birthday Boys!









If you know us you know that Birthday's around here come in twos. On September 9th it was Matthew's Birthday and On September 10th it was McKay's Birthday! Happy Birthday boys! I am a lucky mom to have these to in my life-I have been SO blessed!  Matthew turned the big 15-Were has the time gone? Mckay turned 12.  There are getting SO Big-Literally!!  For both the boys Birthday we had a BBQ at the Pasyon City park to celebrate. Mckay because he turned 12 received the Priesthood and is now a Deacon! We invited family and friends and had a BBQ at the park-with some Soccer of course. It was a great time!

Matthew is a great kid! This year he is in the 9th grade- So his grades really count! He enjoys hanging out with his friends, playing video games, watching movies, playing Baseball and Basketball. We are super lucky were we live-our little neighborhood has nearly 15 boys Matthew's age- This has been such a blessing in his life. He is friends with most of these boys- but he hangs out with his buddy Matthew D and Connor the most. He is your typical moody, sometimes mouthy teenager. (yeah for us!) He is really tall and so skinny-I wish he would gain some weight-he has his dad's genes.  Matthew loves the outdoors-he will never turn down a camping trip and enjoys 4-wheeler rides! Matthew also really enjoys Cars, Trucks, Jeeps etc..... he is always saying when we are driving places....."Did you see that truck?" He is now 15 so he is eligible to get his learners permit-Yikes. This means he can drive with a parent! We are working on getting that -I'm not so sure I am ready for that! Matthew is a good kid, he works really hard to accomplish things and is very smart he is also very kind to all his friends. Love you Matthew!

Mckay turned 12! Mckay is in the 6th grade this year so next year he will be in  Junior High! WOW! McKay likes all sports but his favorites are: Basketball, Soccer and Football. He is a very talented young man he excels at every sport he plays! (lucky kid) He can run super fast and others can't keep up-it is so much fun to see him play sports! His favorite is Soccer- he can play for hours!! Mckay also likes to read, play video games, hang out with his friends. Mckay also loves to go camping and 4-wheeling. Mckay is usually my least social child- he can stay home and just entertain himself by doing art, legos, playing soccer, or other things. Sometimes he asks me "Will you ground me tomorrow so I can tell my friends I can't play? I just want to stay home!" I love my Mckay! He is such a blessing to his brother Marcus- I can't even write about it! Marcus looks up to and adores Mckay! Thanks Mckay for being such an amazing big brother-We love you!

No comments: