24 November, 2013

It's the Simple Things.........

I wanted to post about a few things I am Thankful for this year! For me this year its the little and simple things that I am most grateful for! Here it is a few things I am Thankful for this year:

A few months ago we bought a new Car-which we absolutely love! It's a Chevy Traverse and we all fit comfortable in it. We decide to keep our little car because we have an upcoming driver. Jake's sister was selling a Jeep. Jake wanted to buy it and was super excited about it. Me......not so much. He wanted to sell the car and buy the Jeep. I'm thinking really reliable, good sturdy car for and old.....Jeep?? Really?  So Jake put the car on KSL and we sold it pretty quick! Then he bought the Jeep. I was not to thrilled but I know he has wanted one and it's a hobby etc....... I have to say I am so thankful for that Jeep! I am even more grateful for a very insightful husband! All I could see was an old Jeep that we sold for a pretty good car! But to Jake and now to me this has been a life safer! Matthew Loves this Jeep and he would rather work on it and clean it and learn to change the oil in it then do anything else! Car's in general really interest Matthew- something we just learned! I am SO thankful for Jake and that he could see the bigger picture and wanted this silly Jeep to help build a better relationship with his son! Every time he works on it he calls for Matthew to help him. Jake is a Great dad! I love This teenager of mine! Matthew is a tough one sometimes but having an interest in something has really changed his attitude and given him something to do..... I am  so Grateful for that!


This is a tough one for me! I have tears in my eye as I am typing this! I am so Grateful for these two boys! I admire both Mckay and Marcus so much! Marcus really has some struggles but everyday he is giving it 100% and working so hard at school. Marcus would be a lost little boy without his Big brother Mckay! I hate to see Marcus struggle but admire his positive attitude its remarkable that he always has a smile on his face! I admire Mckay because he is amazing with him! Last weekend Jake took Matthew and Mckay fishing to Montana. Marcus and Madelynn stayed home with me. On Friday I came home form work and My sweet Marcus was just in tears... he was really upset about something someone said at school to him. He was really upset for about and hour.... he kept asking me when Mckay would be home and told me he just needed him today! On Sunday when they got home Marcus followed Mckay around for nearly 2 hours telling him all about what was going on  and what he had missed! When Marcus couldn't tie his own shoes (something he finally just learned a month ago) Mckay would tie them for him at school and home!Mckay sees Marcus struggle and just wants to help him. I am So grateful for the relationship these two have and I thank my Heavenly Father Daily for the amazing gift he has given me with theses two boys!




Madelynn-OOhhhh how I adore this girl! Madelynn testes me daily she has quite the attitude at 6! She reminds me of myself-that is scary! She loves to play all kinds of pretend games. she asked me this summer.. "What should I be when I grow up?" I said "whatever you want!" She said "Maybe a teacher, or maybe I could work at the snow-cone shack?" (we had just gotten a snowie!) I laughed at her. Then she said " No I actually think I want to be a Mom just like you!" In that one little comment I thought to myself.... Maybe I am doing something right-she wants to be just like me! I would want nothing more for her then to be an amazing mother! She reminds me daily to be a better Mom because she is always watching me. Some-days it is not easy to be the best mom I can be. But I am so thankful for her and that threw her I can be a better person!



 I was just thinking the other day how extremely grateful I am to have a home! I see a lot of Sad situations with my job some of my patients are nearly homeless I am grateful at the end of a very long day to have a warm, safe, loving home to go to! I am also Thankful for our sweet little dog Rex. This little dog makes my children happy daily....And I love that he always puts a smile on there faces!I love nothing more then to see my children happy! I am also thankful for were we live! I really like Payson and think it is a GREAT place to raise my family.  My kids are Happy here and we have some good friends and neighbors who help influence my children for the better-I am so thankful for good influences!  I am so Thankful to live in such a beautiful city.

 


I could probably go on and on. I am just a very blessed person! I am so thankful for the gospel! I just recently got called to serve in the primary presidency. I love this calling!  Threw this calling I have felt the love the savior has for his children. It amazes me! He has sent them to this earth at difficult time but threw him and his gospel he has provided a way form them to make it back to him! I love that!  I am so Grateful for the love of my Savior and everything he has given me! It truly is the small and simple things that make life amazing!



No comments: