20 July, 2014

Vacation Surprise

I have gotten so behind on blogging! Here goes one update! For Christmas we surprised our kids with an upcoming trip to Disneyland! It was so FUN! On Christmas morning I made a little scavenger hunt and at each one there was a Disney t-Shirt. Of course Matthew started to figure it out.  Finally at the last one was a Mickey Mouse stuffed animal holding a card.  The card said "In March I will be seeing all of you, Can't wait!" We recorded the kids reaction they jumped up and down screaming. Madelynn danced and Marcus and Mckay hugged me!! It was as GREAT as we had expected and so fun for me and Jake! Unfortunately I couldn't get the recording to work on our computer! It was so fun! Madelynn has never been and we decided we were long over due for a "Real" vacation! Jake had a really busy summer last year and at the end of the summer we had some extra money. Jake came home one day and said " I know what we need to do with that money!" I have been wanting to take the kids to Disney for a few years. He told me we are going to go to Disneyland! I was so excited I cried! Jake is Great, I am so lucky to have him as my children's father! I booked the trip in early September, it was SO hard not to tell the kids! I wanted them to share in our excitement. We decided to go the end of March mostly because it was the first week of the new Semester at school (when you have a High School-er this is important!) and then me and Jake could spend our Birthdays in Disneyland! So we waited for March and then we took off for our week long adventure!




                If you can't tell, we loved Car's Land! It was amazing, just like the movie!



We spent 4 days in Disneyland-we took a day off in between to go to the beach. It was a Fabulous Vacation! I loved every minute of it. Except the waiting in line part!! LOL  It was pretty busy two of the days and OK the other two.   Here are a bunch of pictures of out adventure! I would go again in a heartbeat- Jake would like to go somewhere we don't have to wait in line!!LOL Disney is so magical and our kids had the time of there lives! Some of our favorites that we rode daily-sometimes more then once a day; Car's Ride, Splash Mountain and Thunder Mountain. We wore Minnie Ears, Goofy and Donald Duck hats, we just wanted to take it all in. While we were there we also got to experience an Earthquake-that was a little scary! What was so Scary was how people acted, We tried to remain calm, but people were running everywhere. I just took my kids hands and we all stayed together.  It was just a little one but it was something we will never forget! Marcus and Madelynn were our little "Dare Devils" they rode just about anything! Next time you see Jake ask him about the "Tower of Terror"- I don't think he will EVER do that ride again! It was good for a laugh!!

No comments: